Position Overview Leads the development and implementation of highly complex internet and intranet applications on one or more diverse platforms. Uses advanced knowledge of web technologies, including C++, Java, Java Script, HTML, CGI, XML, Perl, ASP, multimedia applications, database modeling tools and/or database interactions. Evaluates systems specifications for client area web site data management requirements and determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution. Researches and tracks new web technologies, develop service applications, and analyze business requirements as they pertain to web-based data management systems. Responsible for system quality assurance and consistency with installation and security policy and standards. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced staff.
- Develops and implements complex applications or tools on one or more platforms or for internet or intranet platforms
- Acts as an escalation point for production troubleshooting guidance
- May perform application, tool, website and portal monitoring
- Uses knowledge of applications (web and non-web based) and tool technologies to facilitate or participate in projects resulting in functional enhancements of applications
- Evaluates systems specifications for client requirements, leads design presentations, influences direction and implements the most efficient and cost-effective software/package solution
- Coordinates with systems partners outside the group and works with contractors on projects
- Uses programming tools to write scripts as needed or required
- Performs web-enabled database development and module design. Performs application security activities and participates in security planning
- 4 year degree, plus 5-10 years experience in a related field, or equivalent experience
- Must have expert level Oracle development skills, including PL/SQL, stored procedures, forms
- Must have expert level Web development skills, including interfacing to Oracle DBs
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal direction
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written directions
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Sound judgment to identify and report problems to supervisors and contribute to resolving them.
- Ability to learn quickly from verbal and written instruction
- Physical ability and dexterity to accurately position documents for digitization (ability to withstand repetitive working motion)
- Ability to lift up to 25-50 lbs.
- Promotes culture of Continuous and Process Improvement
- 7-10 years technical background and 5-6 years directly related web experience
- Experience in the printing field and digital imaging
- 2 year associate or 4 year college degree in computer science or related field.
Location: Paynesville, MN
Type: Full Time
Pay Rate: DOE